Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding Online Board

4 posters

Milk Thistle

utfootball4
    utfootball4

Milk Thistle Empty Milk Thistle

Post by utfootball4 Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:20 pm

im hearing to only take this as pct, if you take during the cycle could screw up the absorption?
    vagrant
    vagrant

Milk Thistle Empty Re: Milk Thistle

Post by vagrant Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:17 am

I see no one has answered this. I cannot answer based on experience, just on what little education I've had on pharmacology and toxicology. I also discussed my idea on this with a pharmacist who does use AAS and he said I was correct.

Milkthistle is liver protective, it not only helps "clean" the liver so it can heal and recover from damage, it helps keep toxins from entering the liver.

So your absorption problems may actually happen, just not in the way you expect. If things cannot enter the liver to be metabolized they stay in the body. If they stay there, you may end up with a higher dose than intended.

It could theoretically A)make your cycle more effective or B)make it more dangerous by causing higher levels than intended of your medication of choice to stay in the body.

Personally, I'm a believer in using milkthistle on occasion for a couple of months at a time, just to help protect and clean the liver because we live in such a toxic environment these days everything seems to be contaminated now - including our "clean" food.

If someone else has actually used it during a cycle and can give "real life" personal experience - it would be better to listen to them. I am a firm believer that real life experience trumps research and theories most of the time. What works - works, what doesn't - doesn't...no matter what some paper from a lab says.
    utfootball4
    utfootball4

Post by utfootball4 Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:05 am

thanks for ur reply, this is what i found on another forum: Yes. Milk Thistle during a cycle is not a good idea. Milk Thistle effects the androgen receptors, and actually decreases steroid absorption.
    Milk Thistle has an anti-inflammatory effect, inhibiting the conversion of Arachidonic acid to active prostiglandins. This also would be a negative for muscle growth.
    Also, Milk Thistle (during a cycle) helps to regenerate the enzymes in the liver that work to destroy toxins(as your oral steroids). Thereby, rendering the orals less effective.
    It's good to use after a cycle, but during, I don't
    o2jumper
    o2jumper

Post by o2jumper Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:48 am

I took it during my cycle in the beginning with Dbol and in the end with Tbol and I did not have any problems. Major gains in strength and size, nearly 40lbs over 12 weeks. Even still, I would not want to run the risk of screwing up my liver, I hear the waiting list for a new liver is long, so I will just keep mine.
    huge500lb

Post by huge500lb Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:43 am

always good to take

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content