Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding Online Board

2 posters

Dominant Side And Working Out

o2jumper
    o2jumper

Dominant Side And Working Out Empty Dominant Side And Working Out

Post by o2jumper Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:45 am

I have made previous posts with my issue of tricep size difference so I am continually looking for info to correct this problem. I spoke to someone in the gym and he said that if your right side is dominant, to begin your indiv bicep, tricep or single arm exercise with your weaker side. The rationale being that subconsciously when starting with your dominant side you exert less energy when performing the exercise. Does anyone agree or ever heard this before?

P.S. I appreciate all the useful info on the whole tricep issue from previous posts. What I think has happened can be attributed to the injury sustained to the humerus causing improper form. The really strange part is I realized when doing triceps(right side) I would take my left hand and place it just below my right bicep as a crutch. I guess subconsciously it made me think it helped. This in turn threw off the form and body position when performing this exercise. Ugh! Needless to say, posture and form is vital for symmetry. So, keep that in mind unless you want to play catch up with one side, which sucks donkey balls. Now I am all paranoid that people can see the difference!
    pincrusher
    pincrusher

Dominant Side And Working Out Empty Re: Dominant Side And Working Out

Post by pincrusher Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:29 am

i have the same problem with my biceps and now i focus on hitting my weaker side first when doing biceps. i have even tried using more weight when doing dumbell curls with the smaller arm but havent seen any differnece yet(still to new of an experiement)
    o2jumper
    o2jumper

Post by o2jumper Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:04 am

I am guessing that my tricep will get wider and hopefully grow longer if that makes sense. I am all subconscious about it...lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am