Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding Online Board

5 posters

New Leg Workout

hatfield
    hatfield

New Leg Workout Empty New Leg Workout

Post by hatfield Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:20 am

gonna try a new leg routine i found on another board the otherday this sunday. have any of you tried anything like this? it looks brutal but we are gonna give it a shot. it is goes like this.

leg extensions- light weight high reps, no rest.
    squats- med weight high reps, no rest
    leg press- med weight high reps, no rest
    walking dumbell lunges!!
    we will run through this 3-4 times. should be quick but brutal and i think it will be a nice change. what do you think?
    Tikaelkcin
    Tikaelkcin

New Leg Workout Empty Re: New Leg Workout

Post by Tikaelkcin Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:01 am

hatfield wrote:gonna try a new leg routine i found on another board the otherday this sunday. have any of you tried anything like this? it looks brutal but we are gonna give it a shot. it is goes like this.

leg extensions- light weight high reps, no rest.
    squats- med weight high reps, no rest
    leg press- med weight high reps, no rest
    walking dumbell lunges!!
    we will run through this 3-4 times. should be quick but brutal and i think it will be a nice change. what do you think?

The 3-4 times part is what looks brutal!!! I always start with squats so that I have full energy. Whether it's fact of just in my head, it's a rule I have.

Let me know how it works for you though.
    Dr. Steroids
    Dr. Steroids
    Admin

Post by Dr. Steroids Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:57 am

A lot of ppl do extensions before squats as a way to warm up so that you dont pull something and keep yourself injury free. I do that quite often.

Instead of walking lunges with a DB use a bar on your back. It will be easier to load and you dont stress to hold onto DB while performing the exercise.
    bignready
    bignready

Post by bignready Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:35 am

i do the extensions as a warm up before squats also.i need to get to a gym though.might have to try the leg press instead of squating.i cannot use heavy weight on the squat cause of the accident i had which screwed up my upper back and neck area.i workout at home though so cant afford a leg press.lol.
    but that workout sounds brutal.i think it will def shock some new growth man
    hatfield
    hatfield

Post by hatfield Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:29 am

we normally do extensions first to warm up. 4 sets of high reps and we normally do our walking lunges outside with a bar, but this will all be done inside and without rest inbetween excercises. we will rest after each run through the circut. my prediction, pain! lol!!!!!!
    GroundSpike
    GroundSpike

Post by GroundSpike Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:03 am

i usually do a few warm ups on the squat rack, im not to fond of the leg extensions. but i have been having good success as well as a few of my buddies doing 8 sets of squats for 8-10 reps pyramid up to the heaviest you can go then back down and the very last set is usually lite enough to rep out like 15-20. then 4 sets leg curls superseted with 6 sets of standing calf raises. i went from wearing size 33 to 36 carpenter fit. not because of increased waist size tbut thigh and ass size.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 pm