zambon
Nitrateman
tattooi2k
groinalgoblet
10 posters

Drained by the heat?

groinalgoblet
    groinalgoblet

Drained by the heat? Empty Drained by the heat?

Post by groinalgoblet Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:35 am

We are having such a heatwave here in the U.K at the minute. The last week has been absolutley roasting hot and we're not really used to it over here. My problem is I feel completley fucking drained of energy. Have been training maybe a little more intense latley as will be starting 1st cycle soon but I'm sure this heat has alot to do with it. My strength is totally zapped. Has anyone else suffered from this when it is extremley hot???
    tattooi2k
    tattooi2k

Drained by the heat? Empty Re: Drained by the heat?

Post by tattooi2k Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:33 am

ya bro its been 95 to 100 here in mich i feel draned to but i just go to the gym and i really dont work as hard as i would in the winter buy the time i leave im hit
    Nitrateman
    Nitrateman
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Nitrateman Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:25 am

Keep yourself well hydrated. Also, if you can take a nap during the hottest part of the day, do so..then shower up and go late into the eve when it's a bit more bareable.

Nitrateman
    zambon
    zambon

Post by zambon Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:16 pm

Yep its 113F/45C right now. The heat can def sap you of energy. if you work outside its much harder on your body, if you dont stay hydrated early you cant play catch up, I will try to drink alot at night to prepare for the day. But yes i do get drained by it, seems its very hot everywhere.The older you are seems harder to recover also.
    StoneCold666
    StoneCold666

Post by StoneCold666 Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:11 pm

Yeah...but the sun is great for drying you out and getting tanned...just drink alot of liquid to keep the inner body temperature normal.
    shaunf

Post by shaunf Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:58 pm

groinalgoblet wrote:We are having such a heatwave here in the U.K at the minute. The last week has been absolutley roasting hot and we're not really used to it over here. My problem is I feel completley fucking drained of energy. Have been training maybe a little more intense latley as will be starting 1st cycle soon but I'm sure this heat has alot to do with it. My strength is totally zapped. Has anyone else suffered from this when it is extremley hot???

aye lad, its grim oop north. It is harder when its hot.
    ptest
    ptest

Post by ptest Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:35 pm

We had 95-100 all last week, it just broke today..thank goodness. But yes I was doing well training last sunday, drank almost a whole gallon of water in the 2.5 hr training session for strongman, but by the end was just totally drained..me and the one other guy almost always load the 365 stone with no problem, we both failed and were just wiped out..so it def does take some extra out of you.
    aces11
    aces11

Post by aces11 Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:52 pm

Man, it is very tough to stay hydrated when it averages 115 week in week out!
    o2jumper
    o2jumper

Post by o2jumper Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:50 pm

I know the feeling. Some may disagree with this, but I try to acclimitize. I do the reverse in the winter. I limit my indoor cardio and get out in the heat or cold at least once a week. For summer, grab a couple water bottles or a camelback and go run for 30 minutes or so. We did this pre deployment to Iraq since it was in the high 100's and add 20-30 more degrees with gear. Helps overcome the heat mentally and physically in my opinion.
    750GSXR
    750GSXR

Post by 750GSXR Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:42 am

I feel you bro, in Vegas it was 100 degrees at 8am and is now 113 at 12:30.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 am