Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding Online Board

4 posters

When to start PCT/half life of gear

John_Bobbit's_Unit
    John_Bobbit's_Unit

When to start PCT/half life of gear Empty When to start PCT/half life of gear

Post by John_Bobbit's_Unit Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:14 am

I've been thinking about when to start PCT and how it relates to the half life of the gear you're on, and the dosage. It seems to me it would make sense to start PCT later if you're on a higher dose of gear because more of it would be in your system longer.

For example, if you're running 500 mg of test E per week, two weeks after the last shot you'd have the equivalent of 250 mg test/week in your system (assuming a two week half life), and after four weeks you'd have 125 mg, etc.

But, if you're running 1000 mg test E per week, you'd be at 500 mg after two weeks, 250 mg after four weeks, and 125 after six weeks.

Thus, it would seem that when you start PCT (and/or how long you run PCT) would depend not only on the half life of the gear, but also the dosage. Also, I'm wondering if it makes sense to start PCT when your blood levels are at, say, the equivalent of 250 mg? Since a typical test replacement level would be right around 125 mg/ week or so, it seems you could start PCT once you reach that level without losing much mass, etc.

Also, I'm not sure it makes sense to start PCT if your blood level is still at the equivalent of 250 mg test/ week because that would still be quite supressive of natural test production, and it seems that nolva, etc. would not be very effective if you still had that much exogenous test in your system?

I'm coming off a cycle of 500 mg test E and 400 mg deca per week. I'm wondering if it would make sense to wait a full four weeks (or more) to start PCT because there would still be about 125 mg test E and 100 mg deca in my system at four weeks. Any thoughts? Am I missing something here?
    vinceS

When to start PCT/half life of gear Empty Re: When to start PCT/half life of gear

Post by vinceS Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:09 am

Interesting question JBU, bump for more responses.

Using your example of 500mg/week, 2 weeks after this last shot you would have more test than 250mg still left. Since the depots of you previuos shots would also have test being released. You have to remember there is a build up of test.

I think your right in suggesting that you should be waiting longer to start PCT with higher doses. But personally i dont think its worth the risk. If anything id say on 500mg/wk start PCT earlier.

Swale (MD / hrt specailist), sugggests starting PCT, "when serum androgen levels drop to a concentration roughly equal to 200mg of testosterone per week".

Remember you start taking the nolva/clomid post cycle to, in part control the elevated estrogen from during the cycle. If you wait too long after your last shot to start the nolva/clomid, your test may have dropped too low and your estrogen will still be hoo high. In other words your hormones will resemble that of a women, and you'll be more likely to loose your new muscle and grow some nice D cups.

To answer your question about waiting 4 weeks...definatley NO. Not worth the risk, and recovery will just be made harder.
    TheChisle
    TheChisle

When to start PCT/half life of gear Empty Re: When to start PCT/half life of gear

Post by TheChisle Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:44 am

Heres a question, since im runnin nolva 20 mg ed/eod during the cycle will it make things easier for me when i do start pct?
    DoubleWide
    DoubleWide

Post by DoubleWide Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:22 am

for the first question two to three weeks should be fine. thats when i start after long esters. but something you can do to start pct sooner is switch to faster acting esters near the end of your workout like tren and prop instead of eq and enathate.

as for chisles questions using nolv through your cycle isnt gonna get your natural test running so proceed with the usual pct for nolvadex. your body has so much test in it already so no matter really what agents you throw in like hcg etc... will much natural test be produced

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:32 am