DoubleWide
aporged
chasem0420
lexus33
8 posters

OK GUYS BE HONEST HERE!!!!!

lexus33
    lexus33

OK GUYS BE HONEST HERE!!!!! Empty OK GUYS BE HONEST HERE!!!!!

Post by lexus33 Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:50 am

Alright am I a pussy????

I use a pad when I squat b/c if I don't it kills my damn lower neck. I have an unusal large bone back there and it just kills. I never really gave it much thought until my buddy I squat with said to me the other day..."hey you should get used to squatting with out the little pad", LOL. I was like shit.....I can't is that bad, hahaha.

I would rather pack on another plate and not worry about a pain in my neck while on my way up I guess...

So who uses the pad when squating?????
    chasem0420
    chasem0420

OK GUYS BE HONEST HERE!!!!! Empty Re: OK GUYS BE HONEST HERE!!!!!

Post by chasem0420 Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:42 am

I NEVER EVER use a pad when squatting. It hurt me to squat without a pad, also, until a buddy of mine (who also happens to have his PhD in i believe exercise physiology) told me to squeeze my shoulder blades together, resting the bar on the "shelf" made by the top part of my shoulder blades. Also, it helps to keep your hands on the bar about the same width as when benching...
    Hope this helps..

Chase
    aporged
    aporged

Post by aporged Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:24 am

pad what pad,thats for girls. Laughing
    DoubleWide
    DoubleWide

Post by DoubleWide Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:56 am

yeah your a pussy hehe. i used one along time ago and my dad who doesnt use any accessories told me to quit being a bitch. he;s against gloves, straps everything. old school. i like having it right on me cuz with the space there i cant feel it as well.
    BuffD
    BuffD

Post by BuffD Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:27 am

Yep no maxi pad for me either LOL
    Uzisuicide
    Uzisuicide
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Uzisuicide Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:00 am

Use the pad bro and don't feel like a pussy. You're not trying to work your shoulders for crying out loud you're working your legs and glutes. How will using the 'pad' hurt?... It won't. It will only help you 'eek' out a rep or two.

Uzi
    Saucemonkey34

Post by Saucemonkey34 Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:56 am

You know what man I have allways believed in working out smarter, not harder. I use to think that gloves, knee wraps, and wrist wraps where are mixtures of being a pussy. Until I met a man who set me straight. His name was Bob, 62, and I met him at Gold's gym. He actually approached me and asked me where my lifting belt was when I was doing squats. After telling him that belts are for pussys and I was young and I didnt feel the need to wear one. He explained to me that the the more you take care of your body now your futuer in the gym will be better. He has been body building for over thirty years and has taken califorina in a senior devision. He told me that he wishes he took the time to stap on that belt, use a pad, and work out right. A great motto he told me was,"You know the difference between good pain and bad pain." So no your not a pussy! Your smart.....lets just leave it at that.
    BuffD
    BuffD

Post by BuffD Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:44 am

I actually disagree with the weight belt part. If you are doing very high weight with very low reps then yes wear it. If not then you are doing yourself a great disservice by wearing one. Not wearing one will allow you to greatly strengthen your lower back and therefore reducing the chance of getting injured. I never wear a belt and haven't had any big lower back problems at all.
    chasem0420
    chasem0420

Post by chasem0420 Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:22 am

I gotta bump BuffD. I've been told by several very knowledgable people NOT to use a belt, because, as BuffD said, wearing one lessens the amount of strength that can be gained in the lower back..

Chase
    theflavor
    theflavor

Post by theflavor Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:00 am

No belt.No pad.There is a "shelf" that the bar will rest on.I think the pad raises the bar and makes you lean forward.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:56 am