Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding Online Board

5 posters

Effects of GH on cancer prone people

*N.V.S*
    *N.V.S*

Effects of GH on cancer prone people Empty Effects of GH on cancer prone people

Post by *N.V.S* Sat May 05, 2018 4:24 am

I was going to post this in the women's section as my main concern was the effects of GH on post operative breast cancer patients...which of course inspired this thread.

What is the effect of GH on cancer prone patients?? Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

nvs
    Dr. Steroids
    Dr. Steroids
    Admin

Effects of GH on cancer prone people Empty Re: Effects of GH on cancer prone people

Post by Dr. Steroids Sat May 05, 2018 5:15 am

Bumping this for NPC b/c I know he would be the person who could shed some light on this.
    NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT
    NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT

Effects of GH on cancer prone people Empty Re: Effects of GH on cancer prone people

Post by NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT Sat May 05, 2018 6:10 am

sorry I have to burst your bubble but the cell replication and cells memory to replicate into cancer cells puts the person at a very high risk to come out of remission if they was in it --if they would decide to use GH--Its not a good Idea at all--Cancer has the ability to stay dormate and reactivate if oppurtunity arrises--and it would if you used GH--The problem with GH is that it replicates every cell in the body it does not make decisions on what type of cells to replicate it does its job and thats to take IGF and excite the satellite cells to mature and replicate cells even the cancer cells that were once malignant that turned benign----Playing with fire if you have had cancer or your family background on both sides have dealt the fight with cancer---Its just not worth the gamble--I know I see people everyday die of cancer and its the worst death you could die from besides being burned to death--
    *N.V.S*
    *N.V.S*

Post by *N.V.S* Sat May 05, 2018 7:01 am

Very Interesting NPC. Thanks for shedding light on that. I have not found any reading material that elaborate further on this matter. Would you recommend any medical readups?

nvs
    Nitrateman
    Nitrateman
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Nitrateman Sat May 05, 2018 8:02 am

Thanks NPC, very informative...does the same apply to using GH and other dieases

Nitrateman
    DIESELGIRL
    DIESELGIRL

Post by DIESELGIRL Sat May 05, 2018 8:55 am

I learned in school that cancer does NOT require a growth hormone and can actually reproduce w/out it.

Did you ever hear of that tumor..it's the oldest tumor ever? As long as it has tissue to feed it will survive.. at intervals that no other cell lives by.

I was under the understanding that growth hormone does NOT effect cancer cells.

However, it can increase organ size. This can be a potential danger of the heart. Cardio myopothy puts you at risk for heart attack and cardiac arrest.
    DIESELGIRL
    DIESELGIRL

Post by DIESELGIRL Sat May 05, 2018 9:54 am

...understood...the heart is obviously NOT the only organ that could be enlarged, just one that comes to mind that poses as a very potential danger..we dont' want any enlarges prostates either! ect..ect..
    Dr. Steroids
    Dr. Steroids
    Admin

Post by Dr. Steroids Sat May 05, 2018 10:43 am

Wow,this is actually something I need to read up on b/c of my fam's health history. Yeah NPC could you give us some med journals we could read to gain some further knowledge on this subj.
    NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT
    NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT

Post by NPC-HEAVYWEIGHT Sat May 05, 2018 11:41 am

TONS OF STUDYS POINTING TO THIS EVEN IN THE AMERICAN JOURNAL OF MEDICANE---I JUST DONT BLOW SMOKE UP IN THE AIR-- I DO READ ALOT---ITS MY JOB TO KNOW THESE THINGS---I HAVE HUNDREDS OF ARTICALS THAT SHOWS GH TO BE A HUGE STIMULATOR ON ACTIVATING CANCER CELLS--NOT SAYING IF YOU USE GH THAT U WILL GET CANCER BUT NOT A GOOD IDEA IF YOU HAVE IT IN THE FAMILY BACKGROUND BAD OR HAVE HAD IT ALREADY AND ITS IN REMISSION

NOTEWORTHY ARTICLES
    Strong Muscles, Strong Tumors? Growth hormone's effects on cancer cells raise concerns about therapy
    R. John Davenport

Key Words: GHRH • growth hormone • IGF-1 • antagonist • cancer • tumor

Abstract: Unique supplement! Guaranteed results! Erases wrinkles! Ads for growth hormone (GH) replacement therapy promise to ameliorate the effects caused by decreases in circulating hormone levels as people age. Although GH therapy appears beneficial by some measures--it seems to tone muscles, for example--possible negative impacts of long-term treatment are unknown. New results suggest that blocking a GH-containing hormone network slows the duplication of tumor cells. The work adds to growing evidence that GH as well as insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) stimulates cancer growth, and it supports the notion that people should approach GH therapy with caution.

In their efforts to design cancer-fighting drugs, Szepeshazi and colleagues investigated whether compounds that inhibit growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH) affect breast cancer growth in mice. GHRH stimulates the release of GH from the pituitary gland; circulating GH in turn triggers production of other hormones, including IGF-1, which is known to stimulate the growth of tumor cells. Recent work indicates that tumor cells as well as the pituitary gland can manufacture GH, and some data suggest that GH stimulates cancer cell growth. In addition, GHRH antagonists can slow the duplication of some cancer cells without altering the amounts of GH and IGF-1 in the bloodstream. That observation has led researchers to propose that local action, in addition to systemic effects, of hormones might be critical for cancer growth, but no one yet understands the relevant mechanisms.

In the new work, the researchers found that GH dramatically spurs reproduction of cultured breast cancer cells as compared with untreated controls or IGF-1-exposed cells and that GHRH antagonists block this stimulation. The researchers also transplanted mammary tumors into mice and treated the animals with one of two GHRH antagonists. After 18 days, tumors in control mice dwarfed those in animals treated with the antagonists. In addition, drug-exposed mice carried smaller amounts of GH and IGF-1 proteins and messenger RNAs (mRNAs) in their tumors than did controls. With treatment, mRNA levels of the cell surface receptor required for GH-induced stimulation decreased in the tumor cells as well. The results support the idea that tumors manufacture GH locally and that this hormone might accelerate cancer growth. GH's healthful effects had already come under suspicion: Extra GH might increase muscle vitality in old age, but disruption of the GH/IGF-1 pathway in model organisms can lead to unusual longevity (see "Growing Old Together"). No studies have probed whether long-term treatment with GH results in an increased cancer risk in humans, and growing evidence suggests that hormone treatment in the elderly requires deliberate study.

--R. John Davenport; suggested by James M. Harper

K. Szepeshazi, A. V. Schally, P. Armatis, K. Groot, F. Hebert, A. Feil, J. L. Varga, G. Halmos, Antagonists of GHRH decrease production of GH and IGF-I in MXT mouse mammary cancers and inhibit tumor growth. Endocrinology 142, 4371-4378 (2001). [Abstract] [Full Text]

Citation: R. J. Davenport, Strong Muscles, Strong Tumors? Growth hormone's effects on cancer cells raise concerns about therapy. Science's SAGE KE (24 October 2001)
    DIESELGIRL
    DIESELGIRL

Post by DIESELGIRL Sat May 05, 2018 12:27 pm

The last statement in this article (dated 2001) states:

No studies have probed whether long-term treatment with GH results in an increased cancer risk in humans, and growing evidence suggests that hormone treatment in the elderly requires deliberate study.

So perhaps this is more age sensitive?

I have clients that do this research and write these articles lol. They disagree ...that;s all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:55 am